Chiropractic Marketing Ideas & Techniques
Article Summary: If you are chiropractor seeking marketing ideas and tips to grow your business, you've come to the right place. This tutorial offers 21 techniques and ideas to get you started.
I probably don't need to tell you that the chiropractic industry has come a long way, in terms of entering the mainstream of modern medical science. The chiropractors of today are better trained and more effective than ever before, and as a result they are more widely accepted by the medical establishment and the average consumer alike.
Because of this growth and acceptance, there are more practitioners in this field than ever before. Where there once was only one chiropractor in a city, there now may be dozens. This underlies the importance of a chiropractic marketing program. There is increased demand for your skills these days, but there is also increased competition.
So if you want your business to thrive in the modern economy, you need to implement effective chiropractor marketing techniques.
Of course, this is where many in the chiropractic field hit a roadblock. You are a trained health professional, but you're not a marketing expert. You're not sure how to start, or where to direct your resources. If this describes you, then you should find the following list of chiropractic marketing ideas extremely useful.
So without further ado, let's examine some of the marketing techniques and strategies you can use to grow your business:
10 Marketing Ideas for the Modern Chiropractor
- You can rent or purchase a mailing list and mail postcards to announce / promote your practice. Direct mail is a practical and effective technique for chiropractic marketing because it lets you target select areas in the vicinity of your practice.
- In addition to sending a general marketing postcard to promote your business, you can send one to educate people on a specific aspect of your service (chiropractic treatments for children, for example).
- Neighborhood marketing is another idea worth pursuing. Many communities and neighborhoods publish newsletters these days, and almost all of them use advertising to cover the publishing costs. This is a good marketing technique for chiropractors because, once again, it allows you to focus on key areas near your practice.
- Patient referral and recommendation programs are another good marketing idea for chiropractors because they capitalize on the trust factor. People will trust the word of a friend or family member more than they will trust an advertisement. You could even reward current patients for referring new ones, perhaps with a half-price treatment or a gift certificate of some kind. Referral programs should certainly be part of your overall marketing program.
- Do you a public relations (PR) component as part of your marketing campaign? If not, consider sending press releases to local media channels whenever you have news to share (new practice in town, new techniques, etc.). Public relations is one of the ingredients of a well-rounded chiropractic marketing program.
- To piggyback on that last idea you could also publish your news release online. For example, you might use a service like PRWeb.
- Keep in touch with your current and past patients. You might consider signing people up for an email newsletter, with their permission of course. You can also send out holiday and birthday cards as a way of keeping in touch. Not only will this help you generate referrals, but it will also lead to an increase in repeat visits.
- These days, consumers turn to the Internet to find local businesses. So you should consider hiring a search engine marketing firm to ensure your website ranks well in search engines like Google and Yahoo, for phrases relevant to your business and your location.
- And speaking of search engines as a chiropractor marketing tool: Ty advertising your website with Yahoo Sponsored Search or Google's AdWords. You could put yourself onto the first page of keyword search results almost instantly, if you bid wisely.
- Another Internet marketing option:
- Continue your chiropractic marketing education beyond this article. If any of the items on this appeal to you, learn more about them through online research or by purchasing a book on the subject. Unless you can afford to pay big bucks to have a firm manage these things for you, you'll have to handle some of it yourself. Isn't your business worth the effort?
Which of these chiropractic marketing ideas should you pursue for your own business? There's only one way to find that out — trial and error. You must experiment with different techniques to find out which ones work best for your business.
There is no single marketing program that works for all chiropractors all the time. Variables such as budget, time, audience and specialty play a big role. But I hope we can agree that, after reading this article, you'll never be at a loss for promotional ideas again!